RULES AND REGULATIONS
All rules of discipline communicated to the parents must be strictly adhered to. In case any rule is violated, a penalty decided by the disciplinary committee will be imposed.
- Absence must be accounted for in writing even if it is for one day only. There is a page in the Student’s Diary to maintain regularity record. Please fill it in case of absence mentioning the number of days and a genuine reason with the parent’s signature. The students being absent for more than two days in a month shall be penalized as 90% attendance is obligatory for promotion to the next class/registration for Board exams.
- Punctuality is a key-word and school timings are to be strictly observed which during winter and summer both are 7:50 am to 1:30 pm from Monday to Thursday and 7:50 am to 12:15 pm on Friday.
- In case of unscheduled closures, the school’s decision is announced on the school website by 5:00 am of the day. In such cases, the school may work on Saturdays which is all communicated through our web-page. As a rule, all government holidays announced extempore are observed.
- The Academy does not own any bus OR vehicle for transporting students. It is the duty of parents to pick and drop their children on time and make arrangements with private transporters. However, they can contact the transport coordinator who can guide them to get a right transporter for their kids.
- Students must take pride in their appearance and come to school clean and clad in proper dress code.
- Students are not permitted to leave the school premises during school hours. In case of any urgency, parents/guardians are required to bring a copy of the Identity Card and fill the Departure Slip at the school gate. The School Authority may ask to prove the identity and relation with the student and reserves the right to accept or decline the request.
- Three parent-teacher meetings are organized a year and the parents are to attend them all. In case they miss more than one of such meetings, their ward’s promotion / registration shall be withheld.
- Parents are advised not to bother the class/subject teachers during teaching hours, however, they may communicate conveniently and urgently through the website and will certainly be replied to if they provide their contact number and e-mail. Parents can see the Principal, Coordinator, Headmistress or teachers only on Fridays between 8:30 am to 10:30 am on a prior appointment.
- The school is not responsible for any loss of books, money, clothes and other belongings of students. Pupils must look after their own possessions.
- No presents or gifts are permitted for teachers or any staff member by students or their parents.
- No cellular phone, laptop, iPod, radio or cassette recorder, mp3, VCP or VCR is allowed. Any such belongings brought to school will be confiscated and NO claim for their return will be entertained.
- The school believes in a non-aggressive and non-violent way of communication. Any violence or threat from a student’s or the parents/guardians’ side to the Management or teachers will be taken seriously and may lead to the cancellation of the student’s registration.
- All students are required to respect the rights and property of others. Serious actions may be taken against a student causing any intentional damage to school or any other property.
- Physical violence is absolutely prohibited and bullying is another intolerable act calling for immediate actions. Among the students caught fighting, the one who strikes first will be more severely punished even if provoked for it as violence is never the correct solution for any dispute. Any gang bullying and fighting or involving political influence may result in instant rustication of the student. The same way the student carrying any arm/ammunition or fighting objects shall be treated.
- Use of indecent or offensive language and actions shall be dealt with warnings, detention and suspension respectively. If the misbehaviour persists, it may finally result in rustication.
- The management may, in its absolute discretion, order the removal of a student if it is considered that such action is warranted. In such an event, no claim for remission or refund of fee will be entertained.
- Disciplinary committee’s decision shall be considered final.